This time around, the tournament will spot a record-setting $40 million prize pool.
- Dota 2’s TI10 tournament will be held in August 2021
- TI10’s Group stage will take place from 5th – 8th August, and main event from 10th – 15th August.
- This time around, TI10’s prize pool will be a total of $40,018,195 — the highest ever in the game’s history.
- The first ever Dota 2 TI tournament kicked off back in 2011.
- Valve also introduced Dota 2 Supporters Clubs — a new way to support pro teams that will be implemented for the upcoming TI10 too.
Why It Matters
- Dota 2 has come a long way since its official launch back in 2013, making it one of the most popular MOBA games on PC.
- TI10 was supposed to take place last year (2020), but it was postponed due to the global pandemic.
- TI10 could potentially revolutionize the way fans support pro teams, as people across the globe are unable to attend the tournament in-person.