In a press release, both organisations announced that they will “combine resources and expertise” in order to “create and nurture a powerhouse team” for the upcoming tournament.
- The new team formed between EVOS and Nexplay will be for Mobile Legends MPL Philippines Season 8.
- With the formation of this new team, EVOS will now have esports teams in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, and now Philippines.
- The new team is expected to be called Nexplay EVOS.
Why It Matters
- EVOS has previously entered the Philippines Mobile Legends scene back in 2019 with EVOS PH.
- The EVOS PH team was eventually disbanded the same year due to internal conflicts.
- It is a rare occurrence for 2 esports organisations to collaborate and form an entirely new team — making this a very unique partnership especially for the Southeast Asian esports scene.
- EVOS raised $12 million in funding back in October 2020 to expand across Southeast Asia.