Yes that’s right, Aamon is a new hero in the Assassin class — one that’s capable of dishing out huge amounts of damage in a short span of time.
In this guide, we will be covering different ways on how to counter Aamon.
Understanding Aamon and his abilities
In case you didn’t already know, Aamon happens to be Gusion’s older brother in the Mobile Legends lore.
Similar to Gusion and Karina, Aamon is what we’d typically regard as an Assassin-Mage, where his abilities are magic-based — skills where damage is not reduced by armor, and his basic attacks deal lower damage to turrets and creeps.
Aamon also has the ability to go invisible, making him a very challenging hero to go up against.
How Aamon is played
Like any assassin hero, Aamon’s role is to pick-off weaker heroes (mainly Marksmen, Mages, and other Assassins) during and after team-fights.
While Aamon dishes out lots of damage, he is pretty weak and can easily be gunned down if he is caught off-guard.
What makes Aamon very fearsome is his ability to go invisible after executing his spells, which makes him very similar to Natalia (the main difference is that Aamon can still be seen moving around while Natalia is completely invisible).
That being said, one can safely assume that Aamon will be spending most of his time lingering around the bushes and roaming around your jungle area.
In a typical engagement, Aamon would execute his abilities in the following manner:
- Cast a spell to go invisible (he may do it before engagement, or open the engagement with a spell).
- Roam around the opponent (while invisible) and attack from a point they would least expect it.
- Ultimate-skill (dealing a large amount of burst damage and turning invisible again).
- Escape OR chase the enemy and go for the kill.
How to Counter Aamon
Aamon’s high burst damage coupled with his ability to go invisible can make countering him extremely challenging, especially for low HP heroes like marksmen and mages.
However despite that being said, Aamon can also be fairly easy to counter, provided one knows what his next moves/steps are.
Unlike Natalia who is capable of dishing out huge amounts of damage in a split second, Aamon takes a slightly longer amount of time to unload his spells on an opponent.
This in itself gives you a small window of opportunity to run/blink away before he returns for the killing blow.
Aamon also does not have any ability to quickly ‘blink’ away (unless he uses the “Flicker” Battle Spell), forcing him to rely solely on his invisibility to escape.
So here are the key reminders when countering Aamon:
- Stick in a group (or at least groups of 2 if you are a weaker hero like a Marksman)
- Tower-hug (stay close to your tower)
- Eliminating him before he gets to you (or out-damaging him)
- Be weary of where Aamon is on the map (this will give you time to anticipate his movements)
- Get “tankier” heroes (we’ll talk more about that below)
- Get magic defense items (we’ll talk more about that below)
Best Hero Picks to Counter Aamon
Aamon has both range and close-ranged abilities, making it fairly challenging to avoid taking damage.
So the key to countering Aamon is to shut him down before he is able to cast any of his spells, or to buy sufficient defensive items to ensure he can’t burst you down too quickly — pretty much the same playbook to counter nearly every Assassin hero:
- Stunning / disabling him before he gets close
- Using ‘thicker’ (stronger heroes)
- Buying more defensive gear
Below are a few heroes that are great for countering Aamon:
Saber is one of the best heroes for shutting down pretty much any hero due to his ‘ultimate’ ability that comes with a long stun.
Not only would Saber’s ultimate deal a huge amount of damage to Aamon, it will disable him temporarily in mid-air, buying your teammates time to escape or to gun him down.
Ruby is another great fighter-class hero that is very strong against Aamon, simply because she has a lot of life regeneration and a huge amount of HP.
In a fight against Ruby, it is all about outlasting Aamon, and chances are Aamon will utilize all his spells without being able to take down much of her HP.
Much like Saber, Eudora is another hero with very high amounts of burst damage — perfect for destroying Aamon in the shortest possible time.
With Eudora’s second skill (stun) and her ultimate combined, not only will Aamon be disabled temporarily during combat, he could take damage as high as 80% of his HP in a split second.
Natalia is another great hero for countering Aamon, simply because she dishes out insane amounts of damage, and can stay invisible a lot longer than Aamon.
As Aamon needs to cast a spell in order to enter/return into his invisible state, Natalia simply needs to roam between bushes — allowing her to stay ahead of Aamon’s movements, and plan counter-attacks.
Best Items to Counter Aamon
Considering Aamon deals magic damage very similar to mages, defensive items to counter him would generally be anything that could:
- Reduce magic damage (magic defence) items.
- Items to increase HP significantly.
- Prevent him from dealing any damage to you (Winter Truncheon’s active spell).
As for offensive items, they are as follows:
- Any item that significantly increases base damage or any form of damage output. (Blade of Despair)
- Items that deal true damage (Endless Battle, Thunder Belt, Calamity Reaper)
- Items with high physical penetration to break through any armour (Malefic Roar)
Aamon is a hero that players tend to focus on easy kills, early game.
He does not farm fast without items, and is generally very weak against multiple targets.
As the game progresses, his damage starts to plateau (like most mages), making it harder to kill off opponents fast.
The key is to stick together, pick “tankier” heroes, buy magic defence, and wait it out until your team is strong enough where his existence is insignicant.